If we must rate our cities, let's do it on the stuff that really matters – like goats

As York gives up its crown as the UK’s ‘best place to live’, I’ve come up with some alternative criteria

When I moved back to my home town in 2018, it was the year York was crowned “best place to live in the UK”. I know that, because people kept sending me this information, approvingly, as if I had made the move based on inside knowledge. “Rich history,” read the bland summary above the article awarding the city this arbitrary honour. “Cool cafes, destination restaurants … the perfect mix of heritage and hi-tech.”

This was not the first or the last time York topped one of these lists. The local paper keeps track of our standing, relaying the sad news that this year Stroud and upstart Ilkley have beaten us as overall national and regional champions. Obviously, we will be assembling as a city to debrief on where we went wrong and strategise about how to wrest back our crown: civic pride is at stake.

Continue reading...


Know the benifits of facebook marketing ---http://bit.ly/2RgChw3
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more
Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments