I’d love to believe Brexit is working. But why are there so many weird shortages? | Zoe Williams

Haribo supplies are under threat. I’m already struggling to buy Um Bongo and seaweed salad. What does this tell us – except that I need to improve my diet?

It started with a rabbit hutch, insanely expensive, but reportedly worth it: the only guaranteed fox-proof outdoor hutch on the market. I ordered it in January; I’d say I got an email about its progress roughly once a week. Twenty-five emails later, still no hutch, and I had started sending elaborate replies to an automated customer service entity: “It’s lucky I don’t have two rabbits, otherwise I’d need another 63 hutches by now, and when would I get those – 2027?” There were a couple of weeks when they were blaming the Suez canal, but mostly, it was “delays caused by Brexit”.

Was that really true or was it like at the start of the pandemic when it was just a go-to excuse, and the dry cleaner would blame Covid for failure to remove a stain? I don’t know enough about rabbit hutch supply chains and, more importantly, I don’t want to know. I just want to exist in a world where rabbit accommodation arrives more quickly.

Continue reading...


Know the benifits of facebook marketing ---http://bit.ly/2RgChw3
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more
Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments