Why Chappell Roan Is Calling Out ‘Creepy’ Fans on TikTok Right Now

[ad_1]

If you're wondering what's going on with Chappell Roan right now, the answer is simply: She's living her life. And lately, her life has been filled with harassment from fans—which is exactly what the artist criticized on August 19 in two one-minute TikTok videos.

In her first video, the “Good Luck Babe” singer asks her followers to imagine interacting with a “random woman” on the street the same way people have been interacting with her. Roan asks, “Would you yell at her from the car window? Would you harass her in public?" In this situation, she points out, asking a person you've never met on the street for a photo would likely produce a “What the fuck” response from that person. “I'm a random bitch. You're a random bitch,” Roan says.

TikTok content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

In her second video, Roan argues that street harassment and even stalking shouldn't be part of the job description for famous people. “I don't care that it's normal. I don't care that this crazy type of behavior comes along with the career that I've chosen,” she says. “That doesn't make it okay. That doesn't make it normal. That doesn't mean that I want it. It doesn't mean that I like it.”

TikTok content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

So, what's going on?

In the caption, Roan clarifies that this video isn't directed at a particular person or incident. She's just commenting on her own experience and feelings. In fact, this isn't the first time Roan has directly addressed the kind of harassment and abuse she's endured since her career suddenly skyrocketed her into superstar fame.

In July, Roan told Drew Afualo on The Comment Section podcast that she's “pumped the brakes” on her career a little bit due to fan behavior. “[Some fans] follow me and know where my parents live and where my sister works. All this weird shit,” she said. “This is the time when a few years ago when I said that if [there were] stalker vibes or my family was in danger, I would quit. And we’re there. We’re there!”

Historically, celebrities have been heavily criticized for refusing to take photos with fans on the street or reacting negatively to unwanted attention in public. All Chappell Roan is doing here is fighting back against that expectation. “I'm allowed to say no to creepy behavior,” she concludes in one of her videos.


https://news.classifiedsmarketing.com/why-chappell-roan-is-calling-out-creepy-fans-on-tiktok-right-now/?feed_id=23369&_unique_id=66c4dfe1d2a72
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more
Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments